I definitely am a huge fan of traditional Christmas Pudding but I think this Christmas Pudding shaped chocolate biscuit cake is a deadly idea if you're not -- A baker at our local Christmas market who runs his own cake business; Cakes by Jonathon, had these on display, and although I haven't tried out the recipe myself, I had to share it for all those who are stuck at home at Christmas watching everyone devouring mince pies, pudding and Christmas Cake!
The recipe is really easy to follow, you simply make an ordinary chocolate biscuit cake mix and instead of using your normal tin you let it set in a pudding bowl. You can then decorate whatever way you like. I suggest melted white chocolate and then a sprig of holly for the top.
8oz/ 230g Digestive Biscuits (broken up)
4oz/ 115g Butter (softened)
4oz/ 115g Caster Sugar
4oz/ 115g Dark Chocolate
1) Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl
2) Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water and add it to the creamed mixture
3) Lightly beat the egg and add it to the mixture
4) Add the broken digestive biscuits and mix
5) Line the Pudding Bowl with Grease Proof Paper or else grease the bowl with melted butter
6) Pour the mixture into the bowl and leave to cool in the fridge overnight.