Wednesday 16 April 2014

Carrot & Passion Fruit Smoothie

I woke up feeling a little under the weather this morning and decided that I needed to make myself some sort of vitamin packed breakfast. I thought of topping porridge with the usual chopped fruit and berries but instead I rooted through the fridge and pulled out a few carrots, pears and passion fruits and decided to whip up a pick-me-up smoothie. Blended carrot didn't sound overly appetizing to me, but, to my surprise this strange creation proved me wrong. This smoothie, packed full of vitamins, left me feeling ready to tackle my final semester assignment mountain.

 I'll just say one thing; don't knock it 'til you try it!


Ingredients 
SERVES 4

2 ripe bananas 
2 pears 
2 carrots
2 passion fruits 
2 cups orange juice
1 cup crushed ice
Mint leaves (to serve)


Method

There's not really much to making this smoothie 
- you pretty much whack everything in the blender, but here goes... 
just in case...

1) Peel and chop all fruit and veg and add to the blender 
2) Add the orange juice and blend on medium speed until smooth
3) Add in the crushed ice, blend again and, hey presto there's your super healthy vitamin packed smoothie - enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment