We had loads of left over biscuits at home from Christmas (all the ones that nobody really likes) so, instead of leaving them sitting there for ages, I decided to make something with them... I was going to make an ordinary biscuit cake but I felt like making something a bit different. I saw that we had a tin of evaporated milk and decided to go for gooey caramel slices covered in chocolate...
For the Biscuit Base...
500g of Biscuits of your choice (I used anything and everything: Digestives, Nice, Fox's Creams & more)
250g Milk Chocolate
2 tbsp Whipping Cream
2 tbsp Golden Syrup
1) Line a baking tray with grease-proof paper
2) Crush the biscuits (easiest way is to put them in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin)
3) Place the butter and chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water and stir until melted
4) When melted, remove from heat and stir in the cream and golden syrup
5) Then add in the crushed biscuits and mix
6) Empty the mixture onto your lined tray and flatten
7) Stick it in the fridge while you make everything else (leave it for at least half an hour before pouring the caramel on)
For the Caramel...
400g (1 tin) of Condensed Milk
200g Brown Sugar
1) Melt the butter in the pan with the brown sugar
2) When melted and combined, add in the condensed milk and stir continuously as it starts to bubble
3) The consistency will start to change. When it gets thicker, turn off the heat and keep stirring (it shouldn't be too runny)
4) Pour the caramel over the chocolate biscuit base and refrigerate again
Melt 400g of Milk Chocolate in a bowl over a pot of
simmering water and spread it over the caramel
and refrigerate again for at least 2 hours before eating.