You will need...
Approx.1 kg of Butternut Squash
4 tbsp Olive Oil/ Coconut Oil/ Veg Oil
Salt & Pepper
2 Red Onions
Half a Small Red Chilli Pepper
400ml of Coconut Milk
600ml of Vegetable Stock
1) First, preheat your oven to 220C/ 425F/ Gas Mark 7
2) Then prepare your butternut squash by slicing it across the middle, peeling it and scooping out the fleshy inside with a spoon
If you're stuck, this video will explain how to prepare the squash really well....
3) Then dice the squash and put it into a baking tray with 2 tbsp of oil drizzled over it and a sprinkling of both salt and pepper
4) Roast the squash for a half hour
5) While the squash it roasting you can prepare your onions by slicing then into thin pieces
6) You can then put them in a pot with the remaining oil (with the lid on) and allow them to sweat
7) When the onions have softened, you can add in the chilli pepper and leave it to swear some more
8) When the half hour is up, take the squash out of the oven and empty it into the pot and stir
9) Pour into the coconut milk and veg stock, stir, and bring to the boil
10) When the soup reaches boiling point, allow it to simmer on a low heat for approx 40 minutes
11) Then turn off the ring, and, after a further 10 minutes blend the soup using a hand blender
It really is the perfect dish to come home to after a day out in the Winter air, or after a chilli ice skating session!