Monday 4 November 2013

Yummmmyy's 1st Birthday Celebrated with Raspberry & Almond Cupcakes



I actually can't believe that it's been an entire year since I began to blog! It was at a dinner party with the college galz when I made a batch of my Chocolate Brownies with Triple Chocolate Sauce that I was convinced set Yummmmyy up. I must have impressed the girls with my dessert, especially Rhona, who was really keen to see what else I could make. I showed her my recipe book and she was adiment I set up my own food blog. I'm so happy I took her advice as I absolutely love want I'm doing and my dream is definitely still to one day own my very own bakery where I can bake all of my favourite recipes :) 


It's been such a good year and so much has happened with Yummmmyy. I've learned so much and I really like to think that my bakes are improving week by week. In February 2013, I was awarded the Liebster Award for best up and coming blog - which I was absolutely thrilled about

In March I was approached by an Irish company Ads on Bags, who asked if they could feature some of my recipes on their biodegradable supermarket bags - such a brilliant opportunity.

During the Summer, I was invited to the launch of Kenco Millicano's new travel mug designed by Orla Kiely - time to mingle with other Irish foodies, aaaand myself and my boyfriend Dave were pictured at the launch in the Irish Tatler!!! 



Also during the Summer, I was a recipient of a brilliant cooler box full of Philadelphia products to try, courtesy of Kraft Foods - I felt so important being asked to test a new product. 
Like I said, SO much has happened in one year! 

Yummmmyy's Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest pages are also booming with a great amount of likes and followers and the blog itself has over 21400 page views !!! I am unbelievably proud of what I have done over the past year and here's hoping that I'll have another post similar to this one for Yummmmyy's 2nd Birthday!



So, to celebrate Yummmmyy's big day, I tried out a new recipe which I adapted from one I found in a cookbook given to me by my Nana Barbara, which is simply called "Muffins". I LOVE anything almond - marzipan, bakewell tarts, almond slices, almond fingers, frangipan - the list is endless! So, these Raspberry & Almond Muffins were a must try...

You Will Need...

250g Plain Flour (sieved)
80g Chopped Almonds
2.5 tsp Baking Powder (sieved)
.5 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda (sieved)
50g Ground Almonds
140g Caster Sugar
250g Raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1 Egg (lightly beaten)
80 ml Sunflower Oil
275 ml Buttermilk
150g Marzipan

12 Raspberries (for decoration)
Fresh Cream (for decoration)
Icing Sugar (for dusting)


Method

1) Preheat your oven to 180C/ 350F/ Gas Mark 5
2) Line your muffin tray with muffin cases and place it in the fridge while making the batter.
3) Put the Flour, Ground Almonds, Chopped Almonds, Bicarbonate of Soda & Baking Powder in a bowl and combine
4) In a jug or separate bowl, combine the Egg, Sugar, Oil and Buttermilk 
5) Fold the wet mixture and the Raspberries into the dry mixture until all of the dry ingredients are moistened
6) Cut the marzipan into cubes
7) Take your tray out of the fridge and fill each muffin case with one large spoon of the batter
8) Place a marzipan cube into the middle of each case and top with the remaining mixture
9) Bake for 20 mins
10) Leave to stand in the muffin tray when done and serve them warm topped with fresh cream and a raspberry





No comments:

Post a Comment