Wednesday 26 February 2014

Breakfast, Glorious Breakfast.

One thing's for sure, I've become obsessed with breakfast. It is 100% my favourite meal of the day. I used to dash off to college or work with a banana and cereal bar in hand, but, that's never the case anymore. If I'm not going to have a lot of time in the morning I'll get some porridge ready the night before, but, every other day I make sure to have the time to prepare something healthy and delicious.


Even if I am rushing I'll never eat plain old porridge. My fave is apple, blueberries, flaked almonds and cinnamon. A spoon of Nutella stirred in is delicious too if you're looking for some real morning comfort food.


  



If I wake up and there's a fridge full of fresh fruit I'll make myself a nice plate of chopped fruit with natural Greek yogurt drizzled with honey for dipping. 


Along with whatever fresh fruit I have, dates and almonds make a regular appearance. They're delicious thrown on top of cereal or porridge or even just to eat as a snack.





Granola is another one of my faves. I love it with natural Greek yogurt, fresh berries and topped with dark chocolate drops. I eat this in the afternoon too as a healthy snack if I'm feeling peckish.


Forget Dave, my one true love Peanut Butter! It's absolutely delicious on toast with banana sliced on top and even more delicious for dipping slices of apple into.


Fresh berries, strawberries in particular are one of my favourite fruits. I love then chopped on top of cereal, granola or porridge and they're also delicious sliced on top of Nutella on brown toast.

Have a 'berry' healthy breakfast





I tried grilled grapefruit with brown sugar for the first time this morning and I have to say it was absolutely delicious. You simply cut the grapefruit in two, sprinkle a spoon of brown sugar on top and pop it under the grill until the sugar starts to bubble on top - scrumptious.




My friend MairĂ­n has me hooked on overnight oats. I'd never heard of them until she insisted I try them. You simply put a few spoons of porridge oats in a glass, pour over either regular milk, almond milk, or coconut milk (coconut's my fave), put some sliced fruit of your choice on top, followed by yogurt, more fruit and continue with the layers until the glass is full. Then stick it in the fridge overnight and enjoy it in the morning. So handy and delicious.



Pancakes, although themselves aren't so healthy can be improved with blueberries and banana on top. Also try adding less sugar to the mix. Every little helps! 


A good breakfast is a must. It kicks off your metabolism and gets your body ready for the day. Get up and spread he breckie love!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment