So, last week was my friend Molly's Birthday and she was having a night out to celebrate but, because of work, I couldn't make it up. I thought I better make it up to her so, yesterday I baked a batch of Strawberry and White Chocolate Cupcakes and brought them up to college and she was delighted :)
These cupcakes are quite simple to make and you can substitute the strawberries and/or the white chocolate for whatever you please :)
The strawberries can be a little sticky and messy as they sort of dissolve when they're cooking but, I still think its safe to say that everyone loved them....
10oz/285g Self Raising Flour (sieved)
5oz/140g Caster Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
5oz /140 g Frozen Strawberries (doesn't have to be exact)
5oz /140 g White Chocolate (doesn't have to be exact)100ml Plain Yogurt
1 Egg (lightly beaten)
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1) Preheat oven to 200 C/ 400 F/ Gas Mark 6
2) Put the Flour, Baking Powder, sugar, berries and chocolate in a bowl and mix
3) Melt the butter in a separate bowl over a pot of simmering water
4) When its fully melted, take the butter off the heat and add in the Milk, Yogurt, Essence and Egg
5) Pour the wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir briefly
6) Leave the mixture sitting and line you muffin tray with bun cases
7) Spoon approx. two spoonfuls of the mixture into each case
8) Place in oven for 20 - 25 mins until golden
9) Dust the cupcakes with icing sugar and leave them to cool on a wire tray while you make the buttercream
For the Naturally Flavoured Strawberry Buttercream...
Cream 380g Icing Sugar and 125g Butter together in a mixing bowl.
When blended, add 2 finely sliced strawberries and mix again.
Then, using a piping bag or a spoon, ice each of the cooled cupcakes.
|I used this shape piping nozzle to ice these|
|I did have a few left over for my little cousins to try |
too - I think its safe to say they liked them!!! :)