There are two ways of making this cake - one with flour and the other without. I've started to realise over the last little while that I haven't been sharing any recipes specifically for people with allergies, so, this can be my first :)
300g/10oz Dark Chocolate (chopped)
250g/9oz Butter (softened)
300g/10oz Caster Sugar
6 Eggs (lightly beaten)
110g/4oz Ground Almonds
OR if you would like to use flour, use 55g/2oz Ground Almonds and 55g/2oz Plain Flour
1) Preheat the oven to 160C/ 325F/ Gas Mark 3
2) Grease an 8 inch round cake tin with melted butter and also add a piece of baking paper to the bottom to make sure your cake doesn't get stuck
3) Put your chocolate, butter and sugar in a large bowl over a pot of simmering water & stir until melted
4) When the mixture is fully melted, remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the lightly beaten eggs
5) Fold in the ground almonds or your ground almonds and flour combination
6) Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 40-50 minutes, until the centre is set.
7) Leave the cake to cool in the tin while you make the frosting
For the Frosting...
* You will need to melt 300g of Chocolate (dark or milk - I usually do half and half) , 90g Butter and 6 tbsp of Milk over a pot of simmering water.
*Once all of the ingredients are combined, leave the mixture to sit until the cake is cool and you're ready to frost it.
We served the cake with both Ice-cream and Cream
|And it was devoured!!!|