You will need...
FOR THE CAKE..
10oz Self Raising Flour (sieved)
8oz Caster Sugar
6oz Butter (softened)
Juice of one Orange
Rind of 3 Oranges
4 tbsp Dessicated Coconut
FOR THE ORANGE BUTTERCREAM..
220g Butter (softened)
500g Icing Sugar
4tbsp Orange Juice
|Use a small grater for the Orange Rind|
What to do...
1) Preheat your oven to 180C/ 350F/ Gas Mark 4
2) Cream the butter and the sugar together in a mixing bowl.
3) When the mixture is nice and creamy, add in the eggs one by one, followed by the orange juice
4) Continue to mix and add in the flour, orange rind and coconut
5) When the mixture is light and fluffy, stop the mixer and leave it to one side
6) Take your 2 baking tins and grease them with melted butter. Put a piece of baking paper in the bottom of each of the tins also.
7) Pour half the mixture into each of the tins and bake for approx. 40 mins
8) When done, leave the cakes to cool on a wire rack while you make the Orange Buttercream...
For the Orange Buttercream...
1) Cream the butter and the icing sugar together with a food mixer
2) Add in the orange juice and continue to mix
3) When the mixture is really light and fluffy, stop mixing and leave it to sit for a minute
|Your Buttercream should be light and fluffy|
To Assemble the Cake...
1) Spread half of the buttercream onto the top of one of the cakes - if you like, you can also add jam or marmalade
2) Sit the other cake on top and spread the remainder of the buttercream over it
3) If you like, you can sprinkle coconut over the top and sides like I did
4) You can then decorate the cake however you like :)
|Ella's Tea-Party :)|