FOR THE CAKE MIX
225g Butter (Softened)
225g Caster Sugar
225g Self Raising Flour (sieved)
Rind of 2 Lemons OR 1 tbsp of Vanilla Essence
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F/ Gas Mark 4
2) Cream the softened butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl
3) When the mixture is light and fluffy, add in the eggs one at a time and continue to mix
4) If you're making the Vanilla Cupcakes, add your spoon of vanilla essence in now
5) Spoon the flour into the mixing bowl - one spoon at a time, until all the flour is in
6) If you're making the Lemon version, add in your lemon rind and continue to mix
7) Once the mixture is light and fluffy stop mixing and leave it to sit while you line a muffin tray with bun cases
8) Put one to two spoonfuls of the mixture into each bun case and bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes until they are golden brown
9) Leave the buns to cool on a wire tray while you make your buttercream frosting
For the Buttercream...
YOU WILL NEED....
775g Icing Sugar
250g Butter (softened)
1 tbsp Lemon Juice OR Vanilla Essence
1) Cream the butter and the sugar together in your mixing bowl again
2) When the mixture is light and fluffy add in either the lemon juice or vanilla essence and continue to mix
To assemble the Cupcakes...
Either using a piping bag or simply a spoon, ice the cupcakes and stick as many Mini Eggs on top to decorate.
|I used this piping nozzle to ice my Easter Cupcakes|