Mars Bar Squares are definitely one of my faves and they are SO easy to make it's ridiculous -- They're basically a Rice Krispie Bun, but instead of using plain chocolate you use Mars Bars and instead of putting them in individual bun cases, you let them cool in a tray and then cut them into squares. They're ideal for bringing on picnics, for kids parties or even for having out on the table when guests are over. BEWARE - they're ridiculously tasty, once you take your first bite you might not be able to stop!!!
I use the Avoca recipe for my squares which I adapt slightly by using white chocolate drizzled on top instead of a later of milk and by adding a few other extra touches.
200g Rice Krispies
1 tbsp Golden Syrup
8 Lg Mars Bars
100g White Chocolate (for top)
1) Prepare your baking tray by lining it with greaseproof paper.
2) Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a low heat.
3) When fully melted, add in the golden syrup.
4) When combined, add in the broken Mars Bars and begin to whisk gently to combine (this may take a while so be patient)
5) When the majority of the lumps have dissolved, turn off the heat.
6) Pour half the Rice Krispies into a separate large bowl, pour half the chocolate mixture over them and stir until all Krispies are covered.
7) Empty the combined mixture into your lined baking tray and to the same with the remaining half of the Krispies and mixture.
8) Flatten the mixture in the tin and refrigerate for at least half an hour.
9) When cooled, you can melt the white chocolate (I find the easiest way to do this in the microwave - stop and stir after every 30 seconds)
10) Using a spoon drizzle the white chocolate over the Krispies in a zig zag motion.
11) Refridgerate again for a further 30 mins and then slice it into whatever shapes and sizes you wish.
I doubled the mixture so the measurements above will make half the amount pictured :)