Back to the Cake!
Despite being wrecked after my pretty busy first day, I couldn't resist making a Lemon Drizzle Loaf when I returned home. They're super easy to make and they don't really involve the use of many ingredients, so you should have everything you need at home.
INGREDIENTS225g Butter/ Margarine (softened)
225g Caster Sugar
225g Self Rasing Flour (sieved)
Zest of 3 Lemons
METHOD1) Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F/ Gas Mark 4
2) Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl
3) When nice and creamy, add in the eggs, one at a time & continue to mix
4) Add in the sieved flour - spoon by spoon, followed by the lemon zest
5) When the mixture in light and fluffy, stop mixing and pour into a loaf tin greased with melted butter or lined with greaseproof paper and place it in the oven for 40 - 45 minutes
FOR THE DRIZZLE...
115g Caster Sugar
Juice of 3 Lemons
1) Put the lemon juice and the sugar in a small pot and combine the two over a low heat
2) When you have taken the cake out of the oven, make sure to leave it in the tin
3) Using a sharp knife, poke small slits all over the top of the cake
4) Then pour the lemon drizzle over the loaf and it will soak through the loaf
5) Dust over the loaf with icing sugar and enjoy
|The Coffee Shop |
serves freshly baked scones,
breads, croissants, homemade cakes, muffins,
slices, gourmet sandwiches & salads along
with many different types of coffee!!
I can't wait to see how everything's made :)