FOR THE CRUMBLY BISCUIT BASE...
600g Bourbon Cream Biscuits
2 tbsp Khalua Coffee Liquor
FOR THE STICKY CARAMEL...
3 tbsp Golden Syrup
80g Brown Sugar
FOR THE REST...
2 Ripe Bananas
Whipped Cream (as much as you fancy really)
Flake Bars or Chocolate to grate
FOR THE BISCUIT BASE...
1) Grease an 8 inch round tin with melted butter and line the bottom part with grease-proof paper
2) Melt the butter in a large bowl over a saucepan of simmering water
3) While the butter in melting, crush the bourbon biscuits, leaving a few medium sized chunks
4) When the butter is fully melted, add the Khalua followed by the crushed biscuits and stir well
5) Empty the mixture into the greased tin and flatten with the back of a spoon - make a slight hollow in the middle of the tin
6) Refrigerate the tin while you make the caramel
FOR THE CARAMEL...
1) Put the butter, and sugar into a pot on high and stir until the butter has melted
2) Add the condensed milk and the golden syrup to the mixture and stir continuously until the mixture starts to bubble
3) Turn the pot on to simmer and stir every now and again - you will notice the mixture thickening
4) After 4 minutes the mixture should have thickened enough
5) Pour one thin layer of caramel over the biscuit and leave the rest to sit while you prepare the rest of the ingredients
FOR THE REST...
1) Slice the two bananas and spread them over the layer of caramel
2) Pour another layer of caramel over the bananas
3) Leave the banoffee to cool for 20 minutes in the fridge and then spread the whipped cream on top followed by the crushed Flake bars or shredded chocolate - for the best results, refrigerate over night before eating
I always make to to leave a little extra caramel to eat with icecream seens
as you have to wait until the next day to try the Banoffee !!! :)