Sunday 5 January 2014

2013 - What a Year!

I know I'm a few days late, but, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a very Happy New Year. I hope it's a fab year for each and every one if you. I myself have great intentions for 2014 which, if go to plan, I'll be blogging about in future. But, for the moment, let's do a quick re-run through Yummmmyy's 2013.


2013 really has been such a brilliant year with so much happening with Yummmmyy. I've learned an awful lot in a year and, I really like to think that my bakes have improved by miles. I'm now baking cakes and other bakes to order - something I would have only dreamed of at the beginning of 2013.


Lets return to February 2013 when I was awarded the Liebster Award for best up and coming blog of the month. I couldn't believe it when I opened the email informing me that my blog had been given such an award. I was actually a little bit skeptical as I'd only been blogging for a few months at that stage and I thought of Yummmmyy as more of a private baking diary that no one really paid any attention to. Little did I know, Yummmmyy was actually reaching many other bloggers and followers in all corners of the world! Winning the Leibster Award really gave me that boost of confidence I needed to keep blogging and to believe in myself as a blogger.

In March 2013 another achievement made me realise that I really did have a group of followers who appreciated what I was doing. I was approached by an Irish company called Ads on Bags, who asked if they could feature some of my recipes on the surfaces of their biodegradable supermarket bags. Once again, I found myself second guessing the offer and asking myself why this company would choose my recipes to feature on their bags. How and ever, I agreed to submit a recipe for publishing once every month which turned out to be such a good opportunity.


With the Summer came more exciting opportunities, the first being my invitation to the launch of Kenco Millicano's new travel mug designed by Orla Kiely. I was so excited at the thoughts of mingling with other Irish foodies at the launch when I received the invitation.... Aaaand, would you believe, myself and my boyfriend Dave were pictured at the launch in the Irish Tatler!!! 


Also during the Summer, I was a recipient of a fabulous  cooler box full of Philadelphia products to try, which I had been sent courtesy of Kraft Foods - I felt so important being asked to test a new product. Like I said, SO much has happened in one year! 



HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
WELCOME 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment